Exam Pattern For SSC CPO
- The SSC CPO exam is conducted in two stages.
- After you clear the first stage, you have to mandatorily go for a physical endurance test.
- The second stage exam is conducted for those candidates who clear the physical endurance test.
- The final results are declared on the basis of combined scores of both the written Exam.
SSC CPO(S.I) Written Exam consist of :
Paper-I: General Studies
A. General Intelligence and Reasoning
B. General Knowledge and General Awareness
C. Numerical Ability/Quantitative Aptitude
D. English Comprehension
Exam Pattern for SSC CPO Paper 1
|Part||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Part C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|Part D||English Comprehension||50||50|
Total Duration 120 Minutes
Exam Pattern for SSC CPO Paper 2
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
English language & Comprehension
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I &Paper-II
- There is no sectional Cut-Off in the SSC CPO exam.
Note: Paper-II is evaluated for only those candidates who qualify in paper-I(Objective Type Paper).
|General Mental Ability||Non-Verbal Reasoning|
|Alphabet Test||Paper cutting & folding|
|Arithmetic Reasoning||Figure formation & Analysis|
|Classification||Cube & Dice|
|Coding decoding||Mirror Image|
|Distance direction test||Water Image|
|Counting of figures, Missing Number|
|History||Geography||Polity, Economy||Science||Static GK|
|Medieval||World||Indian Polity||Biology||Art & Culture|
|Boat & Stream||Mensuration|
|CI & SI||Data Interpretation|
|LCM & HCF||Trigonometry|
|Mixture & Alligation||Degree and Radian Measures, Histogram|
|Pipes & Cistern||Heights and Distances|
|Problem on Ages||Histogram|
|Profit loss & Discount||Frequency polygon|
|Ration Proportion||Bar diagram & Pie chart|
|Speedtime and work||Time work & wages|
Paper-II: English Language & Comprehension
Questions in this components will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on error recognition, filling in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc.), Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, comprehension etc.
Important Points to be noted:
- There will be NO Interview for SI, ASI Posts in Delhi Police.
- Selection will be based on Marks of Paper 1 & Paper 2.
- In addition, The Commission reserves the right to add an additional Tier in the scheme of Examination.
- Deduction of 0.25 marks will be made for each incorrect answer.
Eligibility for Physical Endurance Test
For male candidates only
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Km race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 meters in 3 chance
For female candidates only
- 100 meters race in 18 seconds
- 800 meters race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 meters (9 feet) in 3 chances.
- High Jump: 0.9 meters (3 feet) in 3 chances.
- The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without correction i.e. without wearing of glasses.